Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Crafter's Block

Some of the recent projects I have been creating for clients have got me thinking about themes for papercrafting projects in general. Card making or scrapbooking usually have some sort of theme associated with the project, whether it be a birthday card for a male relative who's 94 or a scrapbook page of little baby joe aged 2 months. Each have a very different focus with varying levels of difficulty.

I find cards for men the hardest of all papercrafting projects, especially teenage boys and I think that is fairly common within this industry. Also sympathy cards are a difficult area to tackle, as however much I try it's always difficult to find just the right words for such events.

Again, within scrapbooking, layouts with elderly relatives and men or boys are the harder layouts to create in my opinion, but the task is becoming easier with many ranges of papers and embellishments being geared towards the masculine themes.

So this led me to think are all us crafters hitting a 'crafter's-block' for similar subjects?
I want to hear your top five - your easiest themes to work on and your hardest themes. This can relate to any craft! Let me know your opinions - please leave your comments.

No comments: