Wednesday, 23 January 2008
Love is All Around!
Thanks to everyone who is voting on my blog poll (scroll down to the left to continue voting) and it appears it's projects that you want to see here on Creative Crafter UK.
With just over three weeks left until Valentines day, it's the beginning of a series of card making projects with loved ones in mind. I will post a variety of cards here, which you are welcome to make for your Valentines this year, however all I ask is that any projects (or text) here is for personal use only. (See copyright message to the right.)
So to start, we have a pretty, simple little card called 'All Yours'.
1. Cover an A6 card with patterned paper, carefully aligning the pattern to your chosen areas on the face of your card.
2. Apply a length of ribbon horizontally across the top with double sided tape.
3. Cut or punch a heart from white cardstock and add rub on words, here I have used 'All Yours Always' but you could choose your own greeting.
4. Cut or punch a lilac card circle (slightly larger than the heart size.) Layer the heart and circle up with craft foam pads and attach to the card with craft foam pads; positioned as if the heart and circle are hanging from the ribbon.
5. Add three large co-ordinating gem stones just below the ribbon to finish.
This card could be created in a variety of colour schemes, using various patterned papers or different greetings.
If you enjoy making this card, I would be interested to see your results. Please add your comments or email me a snapshot of your finished card.