Following numerous requests for project instructions, here is another simple card created from a few basic crafting supplies. This card is suitable to send to someone who is leaving a job, going travelling, going on vacation. However, you could also change the greeting for a completely different occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary and the design would work equally well.
You Will Need:
Large Floral Cardstock Stickers
Adhesive Gem Stones
Peel-Off Text Stickers
Permanent Marker Pen (Optional - to colour the stickers)
Corner Rounding Punch
Double Sided Tape
- Cut a piece of patterned paper just under half the width of your card and glue along the top (spine) edge of a long white card.
- Round the corners of the card with a corner rounding punch.
- Colour the peel-off stickers (if necessary) with permanent marker pens, whilst it is still on the backing sheet. Colour to co-ordinate with your patterned paper. Apply the wording to the bottom right of the card.
- Stick a piece of ribbon along the join where the patterned paper meets the card.
- Add a spattering of floral cardstock stickers across the remainder of the card. Allow some to overlap the edges for professional results and trim off excess at the edges.
- Attach adhesive gem stones to the centres of the flowers for extra sparkle.
Tip of the month: Attach ribbons to your card using a dry adhesive such as double sided tape or an edge-to-edge adhesive such as a Xyron machine loaded with an adhesive cartridge, rather than using a wet glue which will seep through the ribbon.
Designed and photographed by Jep © 2008.