With Easter almost upon us, as it falls so early this year, I thought it about time to start making a few Easter cards. According to my poll (on the right of my blog – you may have to scroll down to view) it appears projects are your most popular choices so far, for what I should feature here on Creative Crafter UK Do please keep your votes coming in!
So here’s my egg-stra special Easter card making a bold, eye-catching statement.
Try making this is various colour schemes or patterned papers for different results.
This card has been created using the following:
Fiskars Oval Shape Template 294851
Fiskars Shape Cutter Plus 294806
Fiskars Hand Punch – Oval 5/16” 23595068
Corner Rounding Punch
Computer and Printer
Assorted Cardstock – Dark Green, Light Green, White
White Sheer Decorative Ribbon
Didi Glue Dots (www.gluedotsuk.co.uk)
Green Fine Nib Pen
Tall Yellow Card (approx. 21cm x 10cm)
- Line the inside of the card with light green card. Round the two outer corners with the punch.
- Open the card flat and cut three evenly spaced ovals in the front layer of the card. The ovals are the
2”x 1.50”size on the Fiskars shape template. Cut around using the Fiskars shape cutter plus.
- Cut three smaller ovals from dark green card using the
1.50”x 1”oval. Hand punch lots of white card ovals and decorate each green egg. Attach these to the card through the three oval apertures with sticky pads.
- Cut a strip of green card approximately 3cm wide and scallop the edges using the edge of the Fiskars shape template and shape cutter plus. Gluhe srip to the card.
- Hand draw a dashed line all around the edge of the card, apertures and scalloped strip in green pen.
- Tie three small bows and cut the ends to 45 degree angles for a neat finish. Attach the bows to the eggs with a glue dot.
- Using your computer and printer, print Happy Easter in a suitable font onto spare white card. Cut out with a craft knife and glue hand cut words to the green strip.
Tip of the Month: For a professional finish it is best to print the wording in reverse onto the reverse of the white card and then cut out. This ensures no printed lines are visible from the front after hand cutting!
All Fiskars products (including the punches as seen in yesterday’s posting) can be found at www.fiskars.com. Try searching there for your nearest stockist or if in the
*Please note this design is copyrighted. Please do not recreate this card to sell or enter into competitions, send to magazines or pass off as your own. You are welcome to adapt this card to use for your own personal card giving for friends and family. Thank you for respecting the laws of copyright. For other permissions, please contact me.*