Tuesday, 27 May 2008
Addicted To Shoes?
Here's a simple, but striking card suitable for all those shoe addicts out there.
This card is ideal for a beginner to make and a few embellishments will go a long way to create this design.
1. Cut a strip of patterned paper to 5.5cm wide a glue down the spine edge of a tall white card.
2. Attach a length of sheer black ribbon over the join. The best way to attach this without the adhesive showing is to use an edge-to-edge adhesive such as the Xyron machine!
3. Layer three grey tags down the white side with sticky foam pads. Add white buttons between the tags with an adhesive star gem stone stuck to each. Also add three gem stones in a line down the edge of the patterned paper.
4. Punch a heart from card and cover in silver glitter. Stick to the middle tag. Add black gems to the top of the other two tags and thread more black sheer ribbon in the middle tag. Cut the ends to neat angles.
5. Use punched shoe shapes on top of each tag and a silver embellishment on each shoe.
6. Place a greeting in the bottom left corner of the card to finish.
Important Copyright Information:
*Please note this design is copyrighted. Please do not recreate this card to sell or enter into competitions, send to magazines or pass off as your own. You are welcome to adapt this card to use for your own personal card giving for friends and family. Thank you for respecting the laws of copyright. For other permissions, please contact me.*