Monday, 20 October 2008
Halloween Hauntings Handmade Card!
With Halloween shortly upon us, it's time to start thinking about making those 'spook-tacular' cards! Here's one for the kids. Try creating this witches hat creation as halloween party invitations.
You Will Need:
A6 Card Blank
Neon Orange Card
Mirror Card or Paper - Green and Silver
Purple Corrugated Card
Sticky Foam Pads
Decorative Scissors - Zig-Zag
Computer and Printer for greeting
1. Cover the front of an A6 card blank with neon orange cardstock.
2. Cut a rectangle of mirror creen card or paper and glue to the centre of the neon orange card, leaving an even border of orange showing at the edges.
3. Cut a triangle from black card to make the witches pointed hat and an oval from black card, assemble to resemble a witches hat. Cut a neon orange band for the hat and a buckle shape from silver card. Glue both to the hat. Decorate with mini sequin gold and silver stars.
4. Mount the hat onto a small rectangle of corrugated purple card, cut along the edges with zig-zag decorative scissors and again onto a slightly larger rectangle of neon orange card with sticky foam pads.
5. Glue layer to the top section of the card.
6. Print 'Trick Or Treat?' in a suitable spooky font onto more neon orange card and cut out with the zig-zag decorative scissors. Glue below the hat layer to finish.
Card published in Crazy Crafts Magazine 2005.