Saturday, 31 January 2009
Valentines Card Ideas
With January coming to an end, it's time to start thinking about Valentines day - have you made your cards yet?
Over the next couple of weeks, I will be regualarly adding some examples of Valentines Day cards and projects which I have created using my own uniquely designed papers.
I hope you will like them as much as I enjoyed creating them..let's kick off with my first here.
Decoupage Swirl Card
This pretty card would be suitable as a Valentines card, but would work equally well as a 'With Love' or even a birthday card for the one you love!
You Will Need:
Sherbet Love Paper Collection (Details below)
Square White Card Blank
Textured Bright Pink Card
Sticky Fixer Pads
Large Heart Adhesive Gem Stone - Bright Pink
1. Print out the papers of the Sherbet Love collection onto good quality photo papers. Ensure you have 3 copies of the ‘mixed sheet’ page.
2. Cover the front of a square card in bright pink card. Trim the border strips from the Sherbet Love papers and glue all around the edges of the card.
3. Cut out a medium sized ornate swirl design and cut into quarters. Glue each quarter to the corner of the card.
4. For the decoupage, cut out the large swirl design from the 'mixed sheet'. Layer with sticky foam pads onto the centre of the greeting card.
5. Cut the medium sized swirl design from the next sheet and layer onto the first with more sticky foam pads.
6. Cut the central swirl design from the remaining sheet and layer on the other two with more sticky foam pads. Add a heart gem stone to the centre for added sparkle.
If you make this card, I look forward to seeing your results. Please send me the link where I can see your creation. Thank you.
Sherbet Love Printable Collection is available here.
* Please note all work featured on these pages is copyrighted to me, the designer. Please do not copy for competitions or to submit to magazines. You may create the projects for your own use only. Thank you.