Thursday, 23 April 2009

Handmade Birthday Card





I came across these gorgeous backing papers recently in an old copy (September 2007) of Crafts Beautiful magazine and was so drawn to their eye-catching patterns, I just had to make something from them!

Here is my Birthday card created for my Mum's forthcoming birthday and featured here exclusively on my blog. The papers have been combined with paper flowers, inking techniques and BasicGrey chipboard letters.

I'm loving the worn look and pretty colour combination. It makes a welcome change from girlie pinks and chocolate browns. The papers were printed onto a good quality paper, which makes all the difference to the results of the overall effect. I hope Mum likes it!

*Please note, as always, these projects are designed by myself. They should not be copied, similar submitted to magazines or entered into competitions. The photos are also copyright to me and should not be taken from my blog without permission. Thanks for your understanding and abiding by the copyright laws.

3 comments:

sam said...

I love this card and I'm now thinking I should go through my old copies of mags to get the papers out of them.
Sam x

emmy lou 82 said...

This card is fab, i love that its not all girly pink yet still feminin the papers look great thanks for sharing it with us. Em x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!