Wednesday, 27 May 2009

It's all about me!

I'm not usually very good at talking about myself, but I thought you might be interested to know a little more about me and my creative passions, so here goes:

1. I have always been a creative person and some of my earliest memories were drawing Mr. Men characters as a toddler. I used to sit for hours drawing, colouring in, being crafty following the Blue Peter makes.
2. My artistic flair probably originated from my Mum who always used to make her own clothes in the swinging sixties. She would knit and crochet too, oh and make here own greetings cards – usually oversized!
3. I have had my illustration reproduced on an advertising billboard poster.
4. Ambition - to write a book – children’s or craft – watch this space!
5. The craft tool that I couldn’t live without is my handy guillotine.
6. I have been featured as 'guest designer' over double page spreads in well known national crafting magazines. The articles were all about my life as a designer.
7. Favourite patterns – spots, stripes and swirls.
8. Artistic Heroes – Roy Lichtenstein, Bridget Riley, Tony Hart, Mark Speight, Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen.

No comments: