1. Blog about it.
2. Build your own website, showing what you have created.
3. Open a shop online – well known shops for crafters to sell their own unique handmade items include Etsy and for UK crafters try Folksy among others.
4. Exhibit at a craft fair, or international gift fair – who knows who may spot your work!
5. Take your products to local shops to see if they would stock them for you – (this is often on a sale or return basis.)
6. Send out a press release to various publications about your work and where readers can purchase it.
7. Distribute business cards wherever possible. Send out with all products sold, distribute locally, on local notice boards and to local businesses.
8. Exhibit at an art gallery – hold a press/ preview night.
9. Have a stall at local school fayres, church fetes and charity events. Offer your products as prizes in the raffle and get some advertising in the school/ church magazine.
10. Start demonstrating, teaching or run a craft club and take your products along.
There are of course, many other ways to promote your work. These are just my top 10 to get you started – if you have any others to add, please feel free to leave a comment.