Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Fixed for Father's Day



Don't forget June 20th is Father's Day here in the UK. Men are always so difficult to design for, so why not consider themeing your design on one of his hobbies?
Some suggestions are:
Fishing
Football
Cricket
Darts
Motorcross
Cars
Wine or Beer
Gardening
Golf
Tennis
Watersports and Sailing
Do you have other suggestions?

My Dad loves DIY and is often found fixing things, hanging shelves, working on new and improved ideas around the home. So for his Father's Day card this year I decided to create this DIY decoupage, which has been matted onto red card and embellished with clear glaze in the appropriate places where the tools or paint would be shiny. I cut a square of Nikki Sivils 'Victoria's Street' patterned paper {Don't you just love this homely design?}, inked around the edges in chalky brown ink and also matted onto red card. I glued this to the centre of a square cream card base. Measurement tape, gemstones and cardstock stickers complete the look. I hung the 'Fix-It' sticker at and angle and added drawn lines in pen to give the appearance of it hanging from a gemstone. My nickname for Dad is 'Mr. Fix-It!'

I hope he'll like this very dimensional card!

3 comments:

Nicole MacDonald said...

that's awesome :) and my dad has the same name, Mr Fix-it

Ariadna Chueca said...

hello, I was just looking around and I found your blog. (which I think is very interesting :D)
The thing is that, last week, I created my first blog and I have no idea on how it works... (I mean, I want to create a more appealing blog with a different type of letter, cool colors and images)

If you could give me some useful instructions I would be very pleased.
Thanks!

PS: my blogsite is www.teddyssecrets.blogspot.com

CHARITY CRAFTER said...

This is a really smart card x leigh x