Monday, 6 October 2014

Special Birthdays Handmade Cards




For a Female - Bunny Card


70th Bunny Card For Nan (with fluffy friend) © Jenny Pearce 2014.
70th Bunny Card For Nan © Jenny Pearce 2014.
Bunny Birthday Card For Nan Background Detail © Jenny Pearce 2014.
Bunny Birthday Card For Nan Multi-Layering Detail © Jenny Pearce 2014.
Birthday Card For Nan Floral Details © Jenny Pearce 2014.


It’s always special to receive a handmade card and as a lady gets older, she doesn’t always like to advertise her age. I was asked to mark a special birthday for a very special Nan so I designed this pretty blush pink and sage green creation. The Basic Grey background paper inspired me with the colour scheme and provided a suitable floral backdrop to the multi-layering elements on the card.

I used vintage style paper roses, wooden hearts, paper lace border, ribbon and sparkly gems to create a look of vintage glam, whilst combining these with this pretty bunny stamped image, where I subtly added the age and personal hand written text around the edge of the circle. I also embellished with twinkly glitter glue for extra sparkle.

I understand the recipient was delighted with the card!

Please note: The copyright of the above designs (and photos) remains with me (the designer). Please respect the laws of copyright and do not redistribute, share, copy, save or post my images/ designs or their likeness anywhere. Thank you.


For a Male – 70th Card

70th Birthday Card For a Man © Jenny Pearce.


Men can be tricky to design handmade cards for and unless they have particular hobbies where do you start?

This was a special card that creates a bold statement, one where the age was the main feature, so I decided to shape the card around the age. This has been cut and covered in sparkly glitter card. I then embellished with assorted hearts and text from Doodlebug Design, as well as light catching gems and raised messages, plus the recipient's name.

Please note: The copyright of the above designs (and photos) remains with me (the designer). Please respect the laws of copyright and do not redistribute, share, save, copy or post my images/ designs or their likeness anywhere. Thank you.

No comments: