Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Inspired by.....Fringing



Spring/ Summer 2015 fashion shows saw a fringing trend.

I decided to use fringing in a minimal, yet elegant way on my ‘Together – Now and Forever’ card which would be suitable for an anniversary, wedding or Valentines creation.

It can be so easy for fringing to look very heavy on a handmade card, but I feel this works well used in this fashion. I combined the fringing with black and white stripy paper from Dovecraft’s Designer Paper Pack by French designer Sandra Ranarison. I used a Making Memories Metal Charmed plaque and glittery paper from Hobbycraft. I punched the glittery paper using a Fiskars pop-up heart punch and combined with a metal word, Making Memories rub-ons, and mini paper roses.

Together - Now and Forever Card - Designed by Jenny Pearce ©


I was very pleased with how this card turned out. I like the combination of monochrome with a hint of pink.


Together- Now and Forever Card Details - Designed by Jenny Pearce ©


Monochrome, fringing and metallic are bang on trend at the moment


Together - Now and Forever Card Detail Fringing - Designed by Jenny Pearce ©



Try using these themes in your crafts and pop back to let me know how you got on and what you created with them.


What do you think of using fringing on handmade cards? Is it something you have tried?


Please note: The copyright of these cards, text and photos remains with me. Please do not copy, or re-publish these without my permission. Thank you.

No comments: