Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Inspired by....Colour Blocking



I’ve noticed there are a variety of clothes that have used colour blocks in their design or that colour blocking is used to style the fashion separates to create a look.

It’s not my usual style, but I decided to challenge myself to see how this would work within a handmade designer card and I surprised myself! It’s a great way to use up old scraps of card and pieces of ribbon and the more clashing; the better!

Here I’ve combined bright rectangles of coloured cardstock onto a bright pink card. I stamped a sentiment in black dye ink and added flat backed jewels, a spotty satin ribbon, paper flowers and a hand tied ribbon bow.
Colour Blocking Handmade Designer Card - By Jenny Pearce ©


Such a simple selection of items, but what a striking bright card!

Have you ever challenged yourself and created a craft project in a style out of your comfort zone? Did you use bright bold colour or subdued pastel shades? Did you surprise yourself with how it turned out?

Please note: Copyright of the images, text and projects featured on CreativeCrafter UK website belong to Jenny Pearce. Please respect the laws of copyright and do not copy, or re-distribute these items and do not copy, modify or adapt these designs to be published or entered into competitions. Thank you.

No comments: